Okay Great. You’ve decided to make the leap and take your business/work online. On this page I aim to provide you with access to relevant articles in various categories viz. Businesses, Contractors, Blogging Tips etc. Essentially giving you a point in the right direction if you want to transition into the online marketplace and utilise the internet as a platform for developing, delivering and maintaining your core business, products and/or services.
I have also prepared a quick start guide with loads of resources to help you get started working or taking your business online. The quickest way to get it is to subscribe below or using this link and I will email it to you immediately.
Like me, I’m sure you have loads of questions. Over the next few weeks this blog will grow to try and answer some of those questions as well as share the experiences and knowledge I’ve acquired over the years. I will be creating more detailed individual posts that will hopefully make it a little easier for you.
Some of the questions I had, and questions that others have asked me are things like:
- Where do I start?
- What do I do first?
- Can I make a realistic income working from home?
- Can I afford it?
- How do I build a client base?
- How do I outsource? Where do I find people to outsource work?
If you are asking yourself these questions, then great, you are on the right track. Whilst I can’t answer all of those questions for every business category, what I can do is help point you in the right direction to help get you started.
While I get these posts ready (which may take a little while), you can check out a short guide I created that simply and briefly takes you through the steps you need to follow, and the questions that only you can answer to help you get started. This eBook also contains tons of online working resources, websites that facilitate outsourcing and business expansion, sites pay to have stuff done, affiliate programs that you can join and I also outline of some of the tools that I find indispensable. As I mentioned above, you can easily get it by subscribing below or here.
As I’ve just launched this site the content is a bit thin and still in progress, so please bear with me. I aim to expand each one of the bulleted points below into a full article to help guide you along, so stay tuned. If you subscribe below, I’ll drop you a note when I have added more content. I’ll also send you a free eBook with about 700 resources that you could potentially use to kickstart your online career/business.
If you are just starting out, one of the first things you need to do is to figure out what it is you want to do online. Do you want to work part time, is it a full time career that you are after or do you want to start a business? Here you can see what I did first when starting my business. Do some research using the many free tools out there. I’ve put together a list of all the tools I use so take a look, they may help you out. Most of them are free. Pay closer attention to the Keyword Research section of that page.
The second thing that you need to do is to get an online presence going. It is the best way to get known in this day and age. I have put together a post describing why it is important and how to go about it in the most cost effective way.
Writers Start Here
You may find the following articles of interest:
- Get paid as a writer. The things you need to know.
- A cover letter to get you some attention.
- What its like to be a real freelance writer.
- 5 Tips that will make you more marketable as a freelance writers
- 30 Grammatical mistakes that are scaring away your customers
Freelancers Start Here
- Identify the service(s) you want to offer.
- Create an Online Presence
- Continuously build your resume
- Identify the tools in your specific area. Here are some that I use.
- Find the websites that facilitate work so that you can get paid for your valuable skills.
- Work on that cover letter.
- Try not to get Scammed
Businesses Start Here
- Write a one page document describing your business goals and focus. See what I did first.
- Define your product or services.
- Understand your market through research.
- Know your competition.
- Create a website and build trust.
- Market your products and services.
- Outsource and delegate.
- Optimise and streamline with a wealth of tools and utilities that are currently available.
- Don’t mistake qualifications for experience when hiring.
Bloggers Start Here
- How to research a niche and easily analyse online trends
- Plan your content.
- Build your website
- Create value for your audience.
- Monetise your site.
- Know your audience.
- Don’t give up.
Anyone with a Website
- How to create a WordPress site fast
- Finding an available domain name
- Adwords as a Market research tool
- Keep an eye on your site performance as it affects ranking
- 4 Google Analytics settings that you MUST enable. Saves you money and enlightens you about your audience.
Don’t forget to check out my tools, projects and walkthroughs, some of which may really help. As I’ve just launched this site, content is a bit thin at the moment, but I am working hard on it. Lot’s of good info and free tools to come. Don’t forget your free eBook below. If you want a specific topic covered, drop me a note and I’ll do my best to generate some appropriate content for you.
Thanks again for popping by and good luck with your Work Online endeavours.